Pedestrian accidents in Florida are more common than one might think. In the state of Florida, where there are often many tourists walking, riding bicycles, and enjoying the nice weather, more accidents are likely. However, if an accident involving a pedestrian occurs, that doesn’t mean that the offender isn’t liable in some way. This is when it is important to have an experienced and professional Florida pedestrian accident attorney on your side.
It’s obvious that if a pedestrian is hit by any type of moving vehicle, industries can be pretty severe. Pedestrians who are struck in some way by vehicles are often distracted by the environment, whether they are sightseeing, walking a dog, or talking with a partner. Therefore, when he or she is hit abruptly, the results are often catastrophic. At the Law Offices of Cohn & Smith, P.A., Our Florida pedestrian accident Lawyer understands what individuals and victims need to focus on healing after an accident and works to represent him or her legally and ensure rights are protected, such as involving medical bills, lost wages due to missed work, and other expenses.
Working with an experienced Florida pedestrian accident attorney can help any pedestrian accident victim get a fair settlement that will secure his or her future and ensure that they get the treatment and healing they need.
Most pedestrian accidents in Florida occur due to the following reasons:
- Talking or texting on a mobile device. While technology has done a lot of great things for society, it has also hurt us significantly. Today’s digital world has led society believe that we can multitask, which includes walking and texting or talking on the phone. Unfortunately, this can cause a person to miss a change in the stoplight or crosswalk light or for the driver to take his or her eyes off the road. Accidents can happen in a split second.
- Jaywalking. In many states jaywalking is outlawed. This is to protect pedestrian accidents.However, pedestrians who choose to cross the street in unmarked or dangerous sections of a street can put themselves at greater risk of injury. Crossing in a designated crosswalk or pedestrian-controlled street signals is always a smarter move.
- Children. Motor vehicle operators should always be cognizant of children playing in or near a street or road, particularly in thickly settled residential areas. Young children are often unaware of their surroundings and will “dart” into a roadway for a pet, toy or another child. When a child runs into a roadway, his or her parent or guardian’s first thought is to go after the child to rescue him or her and may also be unaware of oncoming traffic.
Regardless of the reason for a pedestrian accident, they are almost often severe. However, working with an understanding and knowledgeable Florida pedestrian accident attorney can help get an individual and his or her family what he or she deserves.
Related Posts :
- Car Accident Victims Are Often Pedestrians
- Who are the Most at Risk to be Hit by a Car While Trying to Cross the Road in Florida?
Contact Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Fort Lauderdale
The law offices of Cohn and Smith, P.A. are highly trained and experienced in representing individuals who have been injured or harmed in any way in a pedestrian accident in the state of Florida. Our professional legal team understands the laws and what an individual needs or requires in order to properly heal from either physical or financial damages due to the negligence of another party. Contact the law offices of Cohn and Smith, P.A. today at (954)-892-6051 for a free consultation.